Monday, March 23, 2009

Manic Monday

Oh, its just another manic Monday, wooooo! :) Actually, today was a pretty good. I started off my day giving the SAT-10 Standardized test to my 2nd graders. Which, by the way, I think it is pretty ridiculous to be giving standardized tests to this young of kids. I know that there needs to be accountability in the schools, but is there anyway we can achieve this???? However, from the looks of thing, my kids were doing very well.


After the test, we went outside for a while, but then it started to rain. My kids always get worked up when it rains, I don't know what the big deal is? Then we continued with a regular schedule.


I got a message that I need to make another doctors appointment either Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday to get blood work. (Imagine that? I get to get poked again). I didn't call back. I completely forgot after school, because I was so excited to go get a pedicure with Sam. It was definitely well needed. Then, we went to home goods. I didn't buy anything. (Although, at the moment, I am really wishing I did with all the empty wall space in my new house).


Oh, and on I a side note, I am very blessed to have wonderful friends. Laralee, my BFF since four year old, got an email from her church (where I attended when I lived in TN) stating to pray for me because of health problems. (I am not sure how they got this information, I guess my mom sent it because of the cysts?) She called freaking out to see if I was okay. After I explained, she stated and I quote "I talked to Freddy (her husband), and you know if you need me to I will have the baby for you." That is complete, utter, and true friend. (And she has already had a child, so she knows how painful and difficult it can be, actually she had huge complications and had to have emergency surgery). But still, she was willing to go through that again for me. Hopefully, I wouldn't need her to, but it warms my heart to know that she would do that to for me. I love her and thank God everyday for her and my other great friends.


I leave you with this old, but fun picture :)








No comments:

Post a Comment