Saturday, June 26, 2010

We got a new boat!!!

We went to a boat show today and got this!!!
Just kidding! I sent my dad that as a text, and he actually believed me. I wish. This was a very nice boat. They were asking $125,000, but on a happy note, Jeremy is almost finished with his boat. Hopefully he will take Jocelyn and I out on it soon. We did however, go to the boat show. Jeremy picked up some hooks, sunglasses, and fishing flip flops. Apparently they were all great deals. According to Jeremy :). Jocelyn had a great time. Here she is chilling in her stoller.

Then we had to take care of our plants. If look very closely you can see the brocolli seedling. It is very small, but it is there. Maybe this means we will have some fresh vegetables and fruits soon.



Jeremy and I have been watering the plants twice a day. I hope they make it!! It has been so hot here. When I started up the Explorer today, it said that it was 100 degrees outside. That is crazy!!! I can't wait to go to the beach on Monday. (More to come on that soon).



Then my husband made me an amazing meal. He is a great cook. He says that he enjoys cooking, and from now on he is in charge. Jeremy has also been cleaning afterwards. I am getting very spoiled. I actually felt a little guilty because this is what his past couple of days have looked like
Thursday- 24 hour shift at the station
Friday- Paramedic School, left then worked at least 5hrs landscaping
Saturday- woke up at 5am, drove down south to do landscaping, home by 2pm, drove me and the baby to the boat show, took us to babies r us, came home, took care of the plants, cooked me dinner, cleaned the kitchen, gave the baby a bath, and finally relaxing watching "Gone Baby Gone" while I am blogging
Sunday- 24hr shift at the station
*And all the while he had a good attitude about it. I am truly BLESSED!!
Here is the homemade BBQ sauce that he made. It is very yummy! I know he puts honey, Dr. Pepper, and different types of jam in it, but besides that, he says it is a secret.



Here he is cooking. I am very surprised he let me snap this shot.


Yummy!!! Chicken and veggies on the grill.

And.... The final product. It was so yummy!!

So, do any of you have husbands that cook? If so, how did they learn and what is your favorite thing that make? Please comment. :)





3 comments:

  1. Jeremy has gotten so much better at cooking since he has started at the station!! Some of my favorites that he makes are fried green tomatoes, steak with a garlic butter sauce, and BBQ ribs with homemade sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, he does have you spoiled!!! Enjoy it! Timmy used to cook for us all the time also, he brought home some really good recipes from the fire station. He definetly cooks better than I do, but he likes to cook in large portions and he always cooks way toooo much for our little family. I guess he is just used to cooking for the whole fire station. He doesn't cook for us so much anymore, but when he does, it is always great. You almost got me with the boat picture also, we have been going fishing quite a bit here lately. Mostly saltwater fishing, I love it. Kacey got a little sea sick last time we went. We were about 5 miles off shore and the waves were kinda big, we thought we were on the Deadliest Catch show. Jocelyn is too cute in her stroller. Goodluck with those veggies!!!! Thanks for keeping us up to date!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Janise!!! Are you guys having a good summer? I am jealous that you have been saltwater fishing. We always go freshwater. I guess Jeremy said his boat is only for freshwater. I don't know much about fishing, but I like to go. Poor Kacey! I hate that she got sick.

    Does Timmy cook at the station? Jeremy tried once, but apparently he was making fried pork chops and burnt them because the grease got to hot. He has been picking up a lot of good secrets at the station though.

    I love your profile picture!!! Tell Miss Kacey I said hello!

    ReplyDelete